We look forward to every new Fenix Torch but the new Fenix FD65 focusing torch really ups the bar, delivering blistering performance within compact dimensions from its 3 x Cree XHP-35 HI Neutral - White LED's and TIR optical lenses. Maximum output is a formidable 3800 lumens with a selection of 5 brightness settings plus Strobe and SOS. This power can be focused from a 90 degree 86 meter flood to a 10 degree, 410meter spot enabling FD65 to light a wide area or reach effectively into the distance.
FD65 features Fenix Torches unique mechanical rotating ring focusing which maintains an IP68 waterproof rating to 2 meters depth, proofing the torch for use in the most extreme outdoor conditions. Power is supplied by 4 x 18650 Li-ion batteries (not supplied). This enables TK65R to maintain compact dimensions despite its performance. The torch can also be powered by 2 x 18650 batteries in an emergency, though Strobe and Turbo modes should be avoided in this configuration due to high current draw which may trip the battery protection circuits.
Fenix FD65 LED torch features an intuitive user interface operated by 2 neck mounted buttons:
* Press the H button for 0.5 seconds to activate in High Mode
* Press the L button for 0.5 seconds to activate in Low Mode
* With the torch on press H button to increase output or L button to reduce output
* Press and hold either switch for 0.5 seconds to turn the torch off
* In any state press the L switch for 1.5 seconds to activate SOS or press the H switch for 1.5 seconds to activate Strobe
* Lockout function to prevent accidental operation: Press and hold both switches to activate lockout, repeat to deactivate lockout
FD65 also features intelligent over heat protection to protect the Led's and driver electronics from thermal damage for years of trouble free use. Output will be reduced slightly in Turbo Mode after 3 minutes of operation, or when the internal temperature reaches 65 degrees C.
Built to the usual Fenix premium standards of quality and durability, FD65 is the perfect companion for Mountain Rescue and other emergency services professionals. It will also be appreciated by farmers and outdoorsmen who appreciate the performance on offer within such compact dimensions.
FD65 is supplied with a high quality Nylon Holster, a wrist lanyard and spare 0 -ring.